Job Opportunity: The Faith Leader Advocacy for Malaria Elimination (FLAME) initiative seeks a National Advocacy Coordinator to lead malaria elimination in Zambia
Job title: National Advocacy Coordinator
Description: The Faith Leader Advocacy for Malaria Elimination (FLAME) initiative seeks a National Advocacy Coordinator to support the development and implementation of national advocacy strategy for malaria elimination in Zambia.
The ideal candidate has practical experience, technical skills, and academic knowledge in three categories in the Zambian context:
• Religious leadership
• Malaria and its elimination
• Advocacy for policy and budgetary change (both strategic design and messaging)
The Coordinator will work to inform and give technical guidance to the work of the Zambian Religious Leader Malaria Elimination Committee (RELMEC). He or she will work with technical partners and faith leaders to identify key national processes, the political and financial landscapes, and key technical analyses to inform the advocacy strategy. In collaboration with existing malaria-related advocacy groups such as the End Malaria Council, she/he will support the design and implementation of an advocacy strategy. This advocacy will aim to improve the quality of malaria-related policy and its financing in Zambia.
The National Advocacy Coordinator will be based in Lusaka.
Work with the RELMEC (and, where appropriate, technical partners) to
• identify key national processes to inform malaria advocacy strategy
• identify key people/stakeholders to whom to direct advocacy messages, and strategies for their engagement
• craft malaria advocacy messaging, in collaboration with partner advocacy organizations
• collaborate with the National Malaria Control Program
• facilitate the coordination of advocacy trainings and other convenings for religious leaders
• track all advocacy-related meetings, trainings, conversations, etc.
• engage in other advocacy and project related activities, as appropriate.
The ideal person for this role should possess the following personal specifications:
• Excellent written and oral skills, keeps others informed, communicates with respect and clarity
• Able to prioritize tasks and set reasonable goals and objectives
• Detail-oriented and can manage multiple duties at once
• Ability to influence and negotiate, can present complex data in a meaningful way to a range of professional groups
• Ability to work through barriers and solve problems
• Use of technology: competent in using computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
1. Minimum of 5 years of prior experience in relevant faith-based, malaria, advocacy, legislation, or administrative coordinator roles
2. Undergraduate degree
This contract would be renewed annually, based on satisfactory performance, with a final end date of 31 December 2022.